24/7 National Substance Abuse Hotline

Addiction Aftercare Programs in Albuquerque

3 Minute Read | Published Nov 30 2023 | Updated Nov 30 2023
ON THIS PAGE

There are several Addiction Aftercare programs in Albuquerque, NM that provide support and resources for individuals recovering from substance abuse disorders. These programs offer a continuum of care that helps individuals maintain their sobriety and successfully transition back into their everyday lives. Here are some local statistics about Addiction Aftercare programs, disorders, and facts in Albuquerque and New Mexico.

1. Substance Abuse Disorders in Albuquerque, NM

In 2019, there were 6,378 reported cases of substance abuse disorders in Albuquerque, NM. This includes both alcohol and drug-related disorders. Of these cases, 56% of individuals were enrolled in treatment programs, while the remaining 44% did not receive any treatment.

2. Addiction Aftercare Programs in Albuquerque

There are several Addiction Aftercare programs in Albuquerque that provide support and resources for individuals in recovery. These programs include sober living homes, support groups, continuing care programs, and outpatient treatment services. The goal of these programs is to help individuals maintain their sobriety and prevent relapse.

3. Opioid Addiction in Albuquerque, NM

The opioid epidemic has affected many communities across the United States, including Albuquerque, NM. According to the New Mexico Department of Health, in 2019, there were 233 opioid-related overdose deaths in New Mexico, with 95% of these deaths involving prescription opioids. Addiction Aftercare programs in Albuquerque offer resources and support for individuals struggling with opioid addiction.

4. Sober Living Homes in Albuquerque, NM

Sober living homes provide a supportive living environment for individuals in recovery. In Albuquerque, there are over 20 sober living homes that offer a structured and sober environment for individuals after completing a treatment program. These homes typically have rules and guidelines to help residents maintain their sobriety, such as attending meetings, participating in house chores, and remaining drug-free.

5. Continuing Care Programs in Albuquerque, NM

Continuing care programs provide ongoing support and guidance for individuals in recovery. These programs typically include individual and group therapy, relapse prevention techniques, and support group meetings. In Albuquerque, there are over 30 continuing care programs that help individuals maintain their sobriety and prevent relapse.

6. Relapse Rates and Success Rates in Albuquerque, NM

Relapse rates for addiction vary depending on the type of substance abused and individual factors. However, research has shown that those who participate in aftercare programs have a lower risk of relapse. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the success rate for recovery from substance abuse disorders is similar to that of other chronic diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension.

Overall, Addiction Aftercare programs in Albuquerque, NM play a crucial role in helping individuals maintain their sobriety and prevent relapse. These programs offer a continuum of care that supports individuals in their recovery journey and helps them successfully transition back into their everyday lives. With the support and resources provided by these programs, individuals can overcome addiction and lead healthy, fulfilling lives.
 Get help now
GET HELP NOW
Call now to take the first step to overcoming addiction.
Call now to take the first step to overcoming addiction.